On behalf of the Reynolds Homestead, I want to let you know how much we have missed seeing our patrons and visitors, and how much we appreciate your participation in our virtual programs during the pandemic. While we wish we could welcome you all back to programs as usual, following the directives set forth by Virginia Tech – we are committed to the safety of our community as we strive to live out the Virginia Tech motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve).
Thus, as the Reynolds Homestead prepares to re-open our facilities for limited programs we have established policies and procedures necessary to ensure we are providing a safe environment and experience for our patrons and visitors to the Community Enrichment Center, Creative Arts Center, and Historic Home. Additionally, each member of the Reynolds Homestead staff has agreed to adopt the Virginia Tech Community Wellness Commitment which states:
- We will affirm our commitment to the safety, health, and well-being of our campuses and local communities.
- We will affirm that we will support the mental well-being of all community members.
- We will wear face coverings/masks in public areas.
- We will practice physical distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet of distance from others.
- We will practice good hygiene, including frequent handwashing and covering coughs or sneezes.
- We will stay home and avoid public spaces when not feeling well.
- We will contact a health care provider or an urgent care facility if we believe we are sick or have been exposed to the coronavirus.
- We will support but avoid contact with those who are sick.
- We will follow public health guidelines and medical recommendations to be tested and self-isolate as necessary.
- We will make a list of all others with whom we have had close contact, if necessary, to aid in contact-tracing efforts.
We are asking our visitors and patrons to also abide by Virginia Tech’s Community Wellness Commitment. We will require that face masks or shields be worn in our facilities and we will require that appropriate social distancing patterns are observed. Based on social distancing requirements, and the necessity for proper sanitation between programs, the Reynolds Homestead will be limiting the number of individuals allowed to participate in programs until such restrictions can be lifted.
While we understand these restrictions may be an inconvenience, we are committed to doing our part in controlling the spread of COVID-19. We appreciate your understanding as we strive to keep everyone as safe as possible.