There is an important distinction between supporting the Black Lives Matter organization and lovingly supporting black people whose lives matter. I am a Christian and because of that here are three reasons Black Lives Matter is incompatible with Biblical Christianity and why I do not support the BLM organization.
- Black Lives Matter seeks to dismantle the Biblical definition of family (They completely ignore fatherhood) In their own words, they are “committed to disrupting the Western prescribed nuclear family structure requirement. “We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.” Well, every “village” that has fatherless families is a village that suffers higher crime rates, higher drug usage, higher abortion rates, higher drop-out rates, and higher poverty rates.
- Black Lives Matter champions the celebration of homosexuality. They refer to it as “queer-affirming,” but it simply boils down to rebellion against God’s created design for sexuality. In their own words, BLM gathers “with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or, rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual unless s/he or they disclose otherwise.”
- Black Lives Matter promotes and celebrates transgenderism. BLM is “committed to embracing and making space for trans brothers and sisters to participate and lead. “There are two genders: male and female. The science is clear, and the Bible is crystal clear when it comes to God’s creation. “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:27, NKJV). Gender confusion is an attack of Satan to mar the image of God and Black Lives Matter is complicit in this destruction.
Aside from its divisive and non-Christian nature, as a patriot who loves my country and believes in the Constitution, I also cannot support the Black Lives Matter organization because of the following reasons:
1.They want to abolish prisons and police forces. “We believe that prisons, police and all other institutions that inflict violence on Black people must be abolished…” Defund and remove the police have been rallying cries. That would be anarchy in any community. Some police reforms are needed along with better community/police relations, but this is just foolishness.
- BLM is a Marxist organization. The three women behind “The Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation,” which is the central organization that directs policy are Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors and Opal Tometi. They work with the “Black Alliance for Just Immigration.” That group is associated with the “Freedom Road Socialist Organization,” a Marxist-Leninist group that has received funding from the Tides Foundation run by George Soros. These women claim Marxism as their ideology.
3.They are anti-capitalism. “We are anti-capitalist. We believe and understand that Black people will never achieve liberation under the current global racialized capitalist system.” Black Lives Matter’s founders and its political demands are overtly socialist. Socialism is an ideology that has caused the violent political suppression and mass murder of millions.
- The Lawlessness and Injustice of #BlackLivesMatter. As I write this article, the rage continues in the streets of America under the banner of #BlackLivesMatter. Lawlessness and anarchy abound. Major cities are at a boiling point with businesses being burned and looted, police cars burned and damaged, graffiti messages of “BLM” are being painted on monuments and government buildings, police stations burned, and police officers attacked.
- Black Lives Matter calls for anarchy, and they follow through on it. Black Lives Matter protesters’ staple chant is “no justice, no peace.” They have also explicitly called to “dismantle the system.”
- Black Lives Matter has explicitly called for dead cops. Black Lives Matter protesters chanted “What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want them? Now!” in response to the death of Eric Garner:
As a concept, it is true that black lives matter. Blacks/African-Americans are equally created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26). In God’s eyes, blacks are equal in value to whites, browns, reds, yellows, and everyone in between. Racism is evil.
As a movement, a deeper dive shows that BLM is a Marxist revolutionary movement aimed at transforming the United States into a communist dystopia. Black Lives Matter should concern everyone who cherishes freedom.