The motto of the Patrick County Chamber of Commerce is “Community is our Business,” and community has never been more vital than it is now.
Our community has come together to help each other, welcome new members to our community and embrace new businesses that have opened in Patrick County. It is the chamber’s business to help our community from beautification grants, business assistance, tourism related activities and events such as Stuart Spooktacular and Hometown Christmas.
Below is a small list of projects and programming that the chamber completed in 2021:
- 6 virtual ‘Lunch and Learns.’
- Partnered with the Town of Stuart to complete the Downtown Historic District.
- Launched the PCVA Business Builders: an entrepreneurship start-up program.
- Participated in the National Citizens Institute for Rural Design.
- Hosted a Job Fair.
- Partnered with One Family Productions for Hometown Christmas.
- Partnered with PC Young Professionals for Stuart Spooktacular.
- Partnered with 6 organizations to complete the Pocket Park in Downtown Stuart.
- Promotion of Small Business Saturday.
- Partnered with Reynolds Homestead to host the Crossroads: Change in Rural America Smithsonian Exhibit.
- Partnered with Stuart Parks and Recreation for the Festival of Lights.
As we begin 2022, the chamber’s business will continue to work for our community by offering the following:
- Partnering with Patrick County Tourism to launch a magazine for tourists and residents alike. Ad sales occurring now.
- Continuing to offer PCVA Business Builders.
- Partnering with Tourism to offer a short-term rental Bootcamp Program.
- Continuing to offer Virtual Lunch and Learn Programs.
- Return to Quarterly Business After Hours.
- Continuing to operate visitor center in Meadows of Dan and Stuart.
- Continuing to be a resource for residents and visitors.
This month also marks the kick-off of our annual Membership drive. To those who have been loyal members, thank you! Without your support, the chamber could not have completed programming and projects in 2021. To those who have not been a recent member, or to those who will be new members, we hope that you see the value of your membership as your support will allow the chamber to continue to expand programming and services to better serve our community.
Membership packets will be mailed out mid-January, or visit the www.patrickchamber website for more information.