Youngsters in grades 3 to 12 who live in the Dan River Basin are invited to participate in the Inspire Clean Water Art Contest, sponsored by the Uptown Martinsville Rotary Club.
Artwork submitted to the contest should focus on the theme “Protecting our rivers and streams and the wildlife that lives in them.”
These works of art should be a highly visual learning tool about the importance of protecting our waterways through protection of storm drains.
Nine winners will be announced in December – three from elementary, three from middle, and three from high school. Of those nine winners, three finalists, one from elementary, middle and high school, will be selected to re-create their artwork on a storm drain in Uptown Martinsville, VA next spring.
Finalists will be recognized in regional media and on the Dan River Basin Association’s website and e-newsletter next spring. All nine winners will receive a goody bag of nature items!
All submitted artwork should focus on the theme of protecting our rivers and streams and the wildlife that lives in them.
- Only one submission per student.
- Student must be willing to paint their design on a storm drain in the spring of 2022 in Martinsville City. All paint materials will be provided.
- Submissions must be on an 11” x 8.5” plain/printer paper. Artwork should be landscape layout.
- You may use pencil, colored pencil, crayon, or marker to draw your picture. Think colorfully! See attached storm drain art examples for ideas.
- You must include your name, school name, and grade level on the back of your paper.
- Deadline to submit your artwork is November 15. Submissions collected by teachers and mailed to the office must be received in the office by Nov. 19. Winners will be announced in December.
For questions, contact Krista Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org