The following road projects may affect traffic in Patrick County this week.
• Work is currently underway to improve Route 58 between Laurel Fork and Meadows of Dan. This project starts in Carroll County and runs through Floyd County and ends/connects to Meadows of Dan bypass in Patrick County. The eight miles of construction for 58 on this project is located where all three of these counties come together.
Drivers traveling west on Route 58 on the Meadows of Dan bypass in Patrick County where the four lane transitions into the two lane roadway will be directed onto the two lane roadway 500 feet east of the existing connection while the westbound lanes can be constructed. Eastbound traffic will not be impacted with the traffic pattern change.
Signs, markings and barricades will direct and assist traffic and drivers should use caution in the work zone.
• Weather permitting, crews will pave, patch and repair pavement on various routes. Flaggers may control traffic at times during daylight hours, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Drivers should watch for signs and expect possible delays.
• Crews will mow on secondary routes during daylight hours on weekdays. Watch for lane and/or shoulder closures.
• Surface treatment operations will be in affect from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Saturday work is also possible, weather pending. Flaggers and a pilot truck may control traffic at times during daylight hours. Drivers should watch for signs and expect possible delays.
• Crews will be working on various secondary non-hard surface roads grading and replacing stone with periodic lane closures during daylight hours on weekdays. Watch for flaggers controlling traffic.