The Virginia Department of Transportation has announced that the following road projects may impact traffic in Patrick County this week.
• A portion of Route 668 (Long Branch Road) from Route 669 (Pedigo Ridge Road) and the North Carolina Line will be closed for 12 days for a bridge replacement over Long Branch. Weather permitting, the road is expected to re-open by Friday, June 3. Signs will direct traffic.
• Work is underway to improve Route 58 between Laurel Fork and Meadows of Dan. This project starts in Carroll County and runs through Floyd County and ends/connects to Meadows of Dan bypass in Patrick County.
The eight miles of construction for 58 on this project is located where all three of these counties come together. Signs, markings and barricades will direct and assist traffic and drivers should use caution in the work zone.
• Weather permitting, crews will pave, patch and repair pavement on various routes. Flaggers may control traffic at times during daylight hours, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Drivers should watch for signs and expect possible delays.
Roads included are: Route 40 from 0.22 mile east of Rt. 710 to Iron Bridge Road; Route 103 from the North Carolina line to Airview Trail; Hatchers Chapel Rd; Route 645; Route 103 from Collinstown Road; and Route 662N/S to 0.12 miles east Route 644 E.
• Crews will mow on secondary routes during daylight hours on weekdays. Watch for lane and/or shoulder closures.
• Surface treatment operations will be in affect from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Saturdays are possible, weather pending. Flaggers and a pilot truck may control traffic at times during daylight hours. Drivers should watch for signs and expect possible delays.
• Crews will be working on various secondary non-hard surface roads grading and replacing stone with periodic lane closures during daylight hours on weekdays. Watch for flaggers controlling traffic.