Crews from the Stuart Fire Department were dispatched to Rhody Creek Loop in Stuart at 9:51 p.m. Wednesday in reference to smoke visible in a dwelling. The Patrick Springs Fire Department, Patrick County Fire & EMS and tankers from CCDF Fire Department and Moorefield Store Fire Department also responded.
Smoke detectors were sounding when fire crews arrived at the scene.
Crews battled the blaze, and after two and half hours, extinguished the fire, thus saving the structure.
Good work and organization from all departments were key in making sure that the dwelling was saved.
No injuries were reported.
Officials at the Stuart Fire Department also issued a reminder asking residents to check smoke detectors and ensure the remain in working order. Smoke detectors are a first line of defense and often provide the first notification of smoke in a structure before it’s too late. The photos above were taken about 10 minutes into the incident.